Wednesday, August 7, 2013

All About Dr. Pepper

Some of you may know that I have a bit of a thing for Dr. Pepper--my drug of choice. Here's my good reasons why... just for fun. :)


  1. Once, about 10 years ago, I had a REALLY BAD sore throat. I kept having the thought/feeling that I should drink Dr. Pepper. That was the LAST thing I wanted to do--my throat hurt so bad and I was positive that would hurt to drink. After about the 6th time I had that thought, I finally drank some. What happened? My sore throat was gone!! I was shocked and now keep it around for medicinal purposes. 
  2. Sometimes I struggle with health issues from my lungs being weak or other ailments. Often, the caffeine or the carbonation helps to alleviate some of the symptoms. Sounds crazy, but it's true.
  3. On sluggish days where I can barely keep my eyes open, a little swig helps wake me right up!
  4. I have days where I am frustrated, down, or just struggling with life (shocker, right?). Sometimes, Dr. Pepper is just the pick-me-up I need.
  5. Tolerating crazy antics of my children is made easier just from indulging a bit on my dark gold. Every mom needs a little supply of a special treat somewhere for such moments. :)
  6. I call it my "Happy Juice" for so many reasons.
  7. It tastes so good. For real. I don't like Coke or Pepsi at all, but Dr. Pepper is yummy. I recently had it with a bit of vanilla in it, and, WOW... sooo tasty!
No, I'm not addicted to the stuff. I often go weeks without it, but I'm starting to think it ought to be a staple in my house for emergencies. :)

Nothing really serious today, just Dr. Pepper love.

© Wendy 2013

2 comments:

  1. This post caught my attention-I love to have a dr pepper with some vanilla syrup on rough days. I don't keep it at home though, I go to sonic when I need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it seem to make dreary days a little brighter? ;)

      Delete