Saturday, March 2, 2013

Why Are Your Favorite Bloggers Mormon?

My reader friends...

My family
As may be really obvious, I am a Mormon, or a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Since this is such an important part of my life and is something that is essential and central to my happiness, I would like to invite you to embark on a little journey with me. This is special and something I love dearly, so I really want to share it with you.

Family Fun
Chances are you've heard things about the LDS (Mormon) Church. Some of it may be good, some of it may not be. Some things you may not understand yet. Perhaps you are curious and want to know more.


The LDS Church and people are often in the media--most recently during the USA presidential election. Perhaps you've heard of famous LDS people from The Osmonds and Gladys Knight, to Steve Young and Mitt Romney. We're everywhere (lol)! Regardless of what you may or may not have heard,  I am welcoming the opportunity to share it with anyone who wants to know more.

The woman who started this from "Or so she says..." has taken effort to compile the tender thoughts and feelings of many of your favorite "Mormon Mommy Bloggers" and make them available to those who truly want to know--being respectful and open-minded to things that are precious to us. We do not want to be ridiculed for our beliefs, yet we want to and are willing to share with those who are interested in knowing more.

I want to know more! What do I do? 

If you are genuinely interested in finding out more about why so many popular bloggers are LDS, send me an email to wendyjessen26@gmail.com with your name and address.



Here's what I will send you: 
(I'm mostly quoting "Or so she says..." here because she said it perfectly.)

I will personally send you (for free) a packet filled with the personal thoughts of the following "Mormon Mommy Bloggers":

Myself, of course. :)
Leigh Anne ~ Your Homebased Mom
Megan ~ Brassy Apple
Reachel ~ Cardigan Empire
Caroline ~ Armelle Blog
Carrian ~ Sweet Basil
Melissa ~ 320 Sycamore
Shandra ~ Deals to Meals
Kristyn ~ Lil' Luna
Kelli ~ Lolly Jane
Stephanie ~ Somewhat Simple
Becky ~ UCreate
Arianne ~ Still Parenting
Shawni ~ 71 Toes
Lindsey ~ The R House
Melanie ~ Sugardoodle
Shelley ~ How Does She? 

Along with the blogger packet, you will find our favorite scriptures, the ones that have personally touched our lives, along with a free Book of Mormon. Why the Book of Mormon too? Well, it would be impossible to really understand us without it. It is a major part of our religion, our lives...and part of WHY we are Mormon. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. It is the ancient records of prophets who lived in the Americas before, during and after Christ’s time on earth. Honestly, I think it's the coolest book ever. So, there you have it. Between the blogger's thoughts and the Book of Mormon, I think you'll get a fairly good idea about where we're coming from.


Packages will be sent out during the first week of every month. Oh, and if you're worried that I'll use your info to send Mormons out to stalk you, I won't. Nope, you get the packet, Book of Mormon, that's it. No strings attached. If I remember, I will probably just send a follow-up email making sure you got your package.

And while you're waiting for your packet, check out Mormon.org. It's a super reputable and easy-to-understand site, all about Mormons (members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.) I especially love the 'I'm a Mormon' videos that follow the lives of different Mormons...they're short and these people have the neatest stories!) Of course, I am always happy to answer you questions too, but I do not claim to have all of the answers!

P.S. THIS OFFER NEVER EXPIRES.

© Wendy 2013

4 comments:

  1. Awesome post. Plus, you have a super cute family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much--you are too nice! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Wendy,
    These blogs have got to be an awesome missionary tool. Kudos to you for wanting to do this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Theresa! I've always loved sharing what matters most to me, so it just seemed natural to join with these other fabulous women! I'm so excited!

      Delete