A fellow blogger friend of mine recently nominated me for a Liebster Award, which is basically an award given to bloggers, from bloggers. There are some stipulations, but it seems that they vary from blogger to blogger.
In short I need to:
- List 11 random facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions that the nominating blogger asked
- Nominate somewhere between 3 and 11 bloggers who have no more than somewhere between 200-3000 followers (I found all sorts of variances).
- Write an acceptance post (that's what I'm doing!) and link back to the blogger that nominated me... so, here it goes!
11 Random Facts:
- I was very shy growing up, not so much now, but I do get really nervous in front of people sometimes.
- I can play the violin (I played from 3rd to 12th grade) and am taking piano lessons--as an adult, which is no easy feat!
- I did not get my driver's license until I was 19-years-old (long story).
- I once received 3rd place in the high jump in elementary school, and 5th place in hula hoop for field day.
- I played on my high school badminton team.
- I LOVE theater and singing and all of that. I'm not saying I am great at it, but I was in three musicals and worked behind the scenes on 8 shows in my high school career. And, I was also in a massive jr. high production as well.
- In 7th grade, I ran for student council treasurer. I got so nervous that I forgot my name during my speech. After that, I joined the speech team to gain more confidence. From there, I participated with the speech team in high school and continued for awhile in college.
- I admire women who are successful, driven and have strong testimonies of the gospel. Not only do I admire them, I find that I make friends with them and learn everything I can from them. Is this weird?
- I had my appendix taken out when I was 7. I was upset that I couldn't go to school because it was a Friday and that's when we had spelling tests--which I loved.
- I guess I've always loved writing, but didn't really realize it until recently--within the last 5 or 6 months.
- I really love the art of healing, whether nutritionally or spiritually. We all need both.
2. What is your biggest goal? Besides returning to be with God with my family, I want to write several books.
3. Who has inspired you to be more awesome? Many teachers and extraordinary women. Also, my children and my husband.
4. Would you rather read a book or climb a mountain? Read a book. But, I wouldn't mind climbing a mountain.
5. What mountain would you climb? Or what book would you read? Too many to choose! I have a pinterest page for that!
6. What has been your biggest challenge blogging? Thinking of topics to blog about/being afraid to put my thoughts out there for everyone to see.
7. If you could tell the whole world one thing, what would it be? It will all work out, so trust in the Lord!!
8. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you have? Why? Not really a huge animal person, but I discovered I really don't mind cats.
9. Who is your favorite blogger? I'm new to this, so I can't say I have a fave yet.
10. What's your favorite joke? What do you call a sleeping male cow? A bull-dozer! (Okay, I don't know if that's my favorite, but it's the first one that came to mind.)
11. What would be your ideal date? Anywhere with my husband is ideal. :)
My 11 questions to bloggers:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What or who inspires you?
- Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what is it?
- What is one thing you have never done, but would like to do?
- What helps you to overcome a bad day?
- What is your dream vacation?
- Do are some of your special talents or skills?
- What do you most desire from this life?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your biggest goal for this year?
- Would you rather go to a theme park with your family or on a cruise?