Monday, May 13, 2013

LDStorymakers Writing Conference 2013

I spent this past Friday and Saturday at a writing conference, LDStorymakers. I went alone without knowing anyone and being a fairly new writer. I mean, so many of these people had not only already started writing a book, but many were already published authors. I felt a little bit intimidated, but not too bad. Everyone was so nice and open to talking and answering questions. I met a bunch of really great people.

I learned information about pitching your book to editors or agents. I learned about writing a good query letter. There were classes on blogging and on using Twitter. I also really enjoyed talking to actual publishers from a couple of the places I am considering sending manuscripts. So much useful information.

I feel like I have grown from this experience not just as a writer, but as a person. And, as a future author. I have gotten a small start on a book. I am hopeful that things will work out. I would love if anyone wanted to be a beta reader or had any great ideas that are more geared toward a religious audience (non-fiction for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment