Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Inspiring Words From an Author

While I was at the LDStormakers 2013 conference, we had the opportunity to listen to keynote speaker, Anne Perry. I am not very familiar with her, so I was not sure what to expect. But, I was very impressed. Not only was her accent beautiful and the cadence of her voice so soothing and enthralling to listen to, but her words were also inspiring and beautiful and brought peace to my soul. It was like a breath of fresh air.

I jotted down a few things that hit me really hard from her address:

~A good story is the finest way yo motivate people ("Good Samaritan"-motivates us to do likewise-we desire to be that person who helps).

~Good writing is communication.

~Learn to empathize with other people.

~Do you have a faith or hope others can be enriched by? Of course you do. Share your love, your faith, your doubt.

~Put down your heart in a page.

~Read other people who inspire you; see what to do and what NOT to do.

~Don't forget WHO would like to see you fail.

I don't know when or if I will ever be a published author (of books). I don't know fully where my path is meant to lead. What I do know, is that I love the Lord and His gospel. I love writing and reading. I love to share the gospel with others and bring them to the same happiness that I have in my life. That is my goal. 

So, whether I become published, or if I just continue to blog and write articles, I hope that somewhere in there, something that I have to say touches another person for good. I feel like I do most of the aforementioned things--I'm open and honest and pour out my soul in my writing. I empathize with others. I feel that I am doing (or at least trying to do) God's work. I know fully who it is that would like to see me (and you) fail. But I cannot and I will not fail because I am on the Lord's side. Additionally, we were not put on this earth to fail; we are here to learn, grow and gain experience that only this life can provide. 

I think failure comes only when we stop trying. Whatever goal you are aiming for--keep going, keep trying and it will all work out. As for me, I am going to keep working on writing my book and see where that leads me.

© Wendy 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment