Saturday, January 19, 2013

Quinoa Stir-Fry

I like stir fry, some of my kids do too, some tolerate it and some won't touch it. But, it's super easy and healthy. Here's what you do:

Cook quinoa according to the instructions on the package (however, the instructions say 2 cups of water and 1 cup quinoa, but I actually do 3 cups of water to 1 cup of quinoa).

Cook chicken (for my family of 8, I cook 5-7 frozen tenderloins, but you could do more or less or none depending on your preferences). I like to season it with garlic powder, and then cut into smaller pieces.

When that is done, I add frozen vegetable stir-fry mixes to the chicken (2 bags). There's different varieties to choose from: broccoli, asparagus, sugar snap pea, etc. I usually mix a couple of different blends together.

Add desired amount of soy sauce and let cook until completely heated.

Serve stir-fry mix over quinoa (great rice substitute!) and enjoy. That's it. Pretty easy, right?

© Wendy 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment