Thursday, January 10, 2013

A New Kind of Tuna Sandwich

Our dinner last night? Open-faced grilled tuna sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, grape tomatoes, and a smoothie. 

Here's the thing: not all of my kids like tuna. 

But, when I cook it like this, even my pickiest eater has some. 

Directions:

  • Take a drained can of tuna (or 3 like I have to) and mix with Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip or whatever you usually mix tuna with for a normal tuna sandwich. 
  • Lay out a slice (or 2) of bread for every person in your family onto a cookie sheet. 
  • Spread tuna mixture on each piece of bread. 
  • Grate cheddar cheese on to the tuna, and then sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning. 
  • Bake at 400° F until the cheese is melted
  • Turn on the upper broil to crisp edges (not burn). Usually for no more than 5 minutes.
Easy, pretty cheap, and tasty. You can serve it with whatever you want. 

Have you had this before? What do you think?

© Wendy 2013

2 comments:

  1. Me and my family call it a tuna melt, I add sweet relish to the tuna also, my kids gobble it up!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the kids eat, and it has some good healthy stuff, then go for it, right? :)

      Delete