Saturday, January 19, 2013

Quinoa 'Pancakes'

Okay, so my mother-in-law made up this recipe, I follow it but often change some things/amounts. My kids mostly like it, and it is so good. Here it is:

Cook quinoa as directed (as I said before, I actually do 3 cups of water to 1 cup of quinoa. Oh, and sometimes, I add quinoa and boiling water in a thermos and let it cook over night).

Mix:

approx. 1½ cups cooked quinoa,
1 tsp cinnamon
1 TBSP flour (this can be rice four, buckwheat, whole wheat, etc)
2 eggs
1 TBSP jam (I use the Ed Smith brand from Costco, or whatever flavor/brand you like)
1-2 tsp Grapeseed oil

Stir well, and then cook on a pre-heated pan in a little grapeseed oil. When the edges look a bit drier, or browned, flip over and cook on the other side.

After it's done (it may be crumbly), you can put jam or jelly on it, agave nectar, syrup or, my favorite, raw honey.

If you try this, let me know how it works out!!

Quinoa is a great food because it is super easy to digest, has many amino acids and is a good protein source. Also, raw honey can help with allergies and also has many amino acids as well.

© Wendy 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment